Goal: We are going to investigate different shapes and how to calculate their dimensions
Step 1: You need to investigate these shapes
G7 – trapezoids and Parallelograms
G8 – Circles
You will need to find what they are, how to calculate their perimeters and areas. Make sure to take note of any vocabulary words that you might need.
G8 here is a practice website for calculating different measures of circles Circle practice
G7 here is a practice website for calculating the area and perimeter of Trapezoids
Once you have mastered all the required skills, you may proceed (at your own risk!) to the creating and recording of your own instructional math video. You may use any program or app that you are comfortable with (camera, imovie, explain everything, shadow puppet etc.).
Remember that your tutorial needs to be both informative and interesting.
- Your video must explain how to find the formula for area and perimeter of trapezoids
- Your video must explain how to find the formula for area and perimeter of parallelograms
- Your video MUST explain the relationship between radius, diameter and circumference.
- Your video MUST demonstrate the circumference of a circle with an example.
- Your video MUST demonstrate the area of a circle with an example.