I have been mining the twitterverse looking for helpful images/tricks of fractions. Hopefully some will get you thinking or help you better understand a concept. Check them out.
Can you solve the following Lego problems?
1.Think of your favourite food
2. Find a recipe (with at least 3-5 fractions in it) and take a screenshot.
3. Copy into explain everything.
4. Suppose you had to triple the recipe, what would the new quantities be for each ingredient?
5. What if you had to divide the recipe in half?
6. Try your best to show your thinking, remember that you can always add an oral explanation to enhance your communication.
Mixed and Improper Fractions practice (may not work with ipads)
Multiplying Fractions is rather easy to do…. but you will need to be comfortable with reducing your answers.
Create a 20 second stop-motion video demonstrating your understanding of one of the fractional concepts that we have covered in the last week.
Feel free to use; Legos, Pattern Blocks, Food or something else. Be creative and have fun while you learn, after all that’s the point.